Personal Items And Auto Insurance Protection Tip

Unfortunately your auto insurance will not cover personal/portable items in case of theft, unless you bought the coverage for it separately. If not you may be able to be paid for these losses under your renter or home insurance policy.

Automobile insurance policies normally only pay for auto-related equipment, not personal items stored in a car. If you had personal items, such as clothing, luggage, gifts, laptop, CDs, money, etc. that were stolen from or damaged while in your vehicle, your policy may not pay for them, or may pay only a limited amount. However, if you have a homeowners or renters insurance policy, your personal property may be covered under that policy.

To make a claim for portable stolen items under your homeowner or renters policy these items will fall under your personal property coverage. You will likely need to be prepared with descriptions and receipts for all the items so that you can be properly reimbursed. You will also have to pay your deductible on this to.

If you are going to keep these items in your vehicle you best bet would be to keep them out of view.

Call us today to get your questions answered. 863-453-3903

or visit our website fill out the form and we will have an agent contact you within 24 hours.

 We find insurance that meets every budget!

Ask us about deductibles as low as $100.00.

Ashley Bishop Owner/Agent

Budget Bi Rite Insurance, Inc

Serving all of Florida

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s