Jenny over at Jenny Can Cook on youtube has a faster method and easy recipe for a no knead bakery style bread with a golden crispy crust. She will take you step by step to cook up this delicious bread made by hand and you will be eating this in not time at all. Jenny uses just four ingredients: Flour, Yeast, Salt and water. It is cooked up in a a 4 or 5-quart Dutch oven. You could dress up this bread with any flavors you want… an idea could be Italian seasoning and roasted garlic cloves for an Italian loaf!. Check out the video below for this amazing easy recipe!
Jenny has included tips and links for this recipe (like aerating the flour) Here.
There is just something so relaxing and cozy when your fill your kitchen with that wonderful aroma of fresh baked bread!
Thanks so much Jenny!
They say Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Makes sense since it is the meal that will get your body going and set the pace for the day. It’s like fueling your car, little or no fuel, your running on fumes or no go at all.
Drinking a cup of coffee for most folks in the morning is a given and enjoyed. Combining that with a couple of donuts for breakfast may satisfy your craving for sugar and be a quick meal, but in just a little while you will feel the lag of energy that was elevated from the sugar, and caffeine together. To keep your energy going longer and stay full longer, try eating protein for breakfast to give your body and mind a good start for the day.
Protein takes longer to digest and will keep you full far longer then that coffee and donuts type breakfast that are full of carbohydrates. Eggs are a good option to get protein, and there other tasty foods you can add to your breakfast recipes and have a variety.
The folks over at Kitchn.com have put together an article 21 Ways to Eat More Protein for Breakfast with delicious healthy recipes idea’s to get your day started with protein.
They also have a few articles to help you better understand how protein works and why it is good for Breakfast.
We honor those who have fought for our country and died in military service. This weekend many people will visit cemeteries with some volunteers placing flags on the graves of the brave soldiers.
Find out more about Memorial Day Here
Are you getting away this Memorial Day weekend? According to AAA auto club over “41.5 million people will travel over the Memorial Day weekend which is 4.8% more than last year and seven out of eight of those travelers will be driving.
If you are one of those seven out of eight traveling on the road, here are a few tips:
Drivers should be well rested and alert, use their seat belts, observe speed limits and follow the rules of the road. If someone is planning on drinking alcohol, they should designate a driver who won’t be drinking.
• Drivers should give their full attention to the road.
• Avoid distractions such as cell phones.
• Leave ample room when behind other vehicles.
• Use caution in work zones.
• Make frequent stops when traveling long distances.
• Clean the vehicle’s lights and windows, especially at night.
• Turn the headlights on as dusk approaches, or during inclement weather.
• Use high beams on rural roads unless approaching or following a vehicle.
• Refill the vehicle’s gas tank before it gets too low. If there is trouble with the car, pull as far as possible off the road.
PREPARE FOR THE UNEXPECTED
Travelers should pay attention to the weather forecast for their destination.
Travel and weather web sites can help them avoid storms and other regional challenges that could impact their safety. To be ready for unexpected problems:
• Carry an Emergency Preparedness Kit in the trunk.
• Pack high protein snacks, water, first aid kit, flashlight, a small battery-operated radio, an emergency contact card with names and phone numbers, extra prescription medications and important documents or information that may be needed.
• Travelers should let someone know their destination, route, and expected arrival time. If you get stuck along the way, help can be sent along the predetermined route.
If someone is traveling with a pet, here are some tips to make their trip more enjoyable right here.
Have a safe and very enjoyable Memorial Day Weekend
Celebrate Mom this Mother’s day with special recipes just for her made by you. Breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner make sure Mom is getting her favorite treats or a new dish she will love!. Mom has the day off and the kitchen is off limits to her, getting someone else to do the cooking will be a wonderful treat.
Check out some of these idea’s!
What about the authentic Mexican tacos?
Fact: Did you know that authentic Mexican Tacos do not use lettuce, tomato or cheese? These three ingredients are an American addition to the taco. This video from Food Network tells you more about the traditional taco of Mexico and shows you how they are made with the best combinations of meats, salsas and toppings.
Happy Cinco De Mayo