Donal Skehan shows you how to make this spicy, delicious Shrimp and Pasta Pil Pil that you can make in no time. Just a few ingredients away from a yummy dinner!
We honor those who have fought for our country and died in military service. This weekend many people will visit cemeteries with some volunteers placing flags on the graves of the brave soldiers.
Are you getting away this Memorial Day weekend? According to AAA auto club more than 37 million people will travel over this Memorial Day weekend and nearly 6 million less than last year during the Covid.
AAA has provided a Travel Restrictions map with the latest information to help you plan your trip Here and safety information for travelers who are not vaccinated Here.
Here are a few tips to help you along the way:
Drivers should be well rested and alert, use their seat belts, observe speed limits and follow the rules of the road. If someone is planning on drinking alcohol, they should designate a driver who won’t be drinking.
• Drivers should give their full attention to the road.
• Avoid distractions such as cell phones.
• Leave ample room when behind other vehicles.
• Use caution in work zones.
• Make frequent stops when traveling long distances.
• Clean the vehicle’s lights and windows, especially at night.
• Turn the headlights on as dusk approaches, or during inclement weather.
• Use high beams on rural roads unless approaching or following a vehicle.
• Refill the vehicle’s gas tank before it gets too low. If there is trouble with the car, pull as far as possible off the road.
PREPARE FOR THE UNEXPECTED
Travelers should pay attention to the weather forecast for their destination.
Travel and weather web sites can help them avoid storms and other regional challenges that could impact their safety. To be ready for unexpected problems:
• Carry an Emergency Preparedness Kit in the trunk.
• Pack high protein snacks, water, first aid kit, flashlight, a small battery-operated radio, an emergency contact card with names and phone numbers, extra prescription medications and important documents or information that may be needed.
• Travelers should let someone know their destination, route, and expected arrival time. If you get stuck along the way, help can be sent along the predetermined route.
If your traveling with a pet, here are some tips to make their trip more enjoyable.
Have a safe and very enjoyable Memorial Day Weekend!
Photo Courtesy of jkmoller11 at Pixaby.com
Do you have limited space for gardening? Check out this video with CaliKim over at CaliKim29 Garden & Home DIY on youtube.com. She shows you how to grow your vegetables in containers growing up on trellises and how to take care of them so you have a prosperous garden.
She uses grow bags which are becoming quite popular for the way they care for the root system of your plants. Read more about them here…
Thank you Calikim for this great information!
Spring is here with Summer just around the corner and its time to get those gardens in shape. One thing to plant in Florida every year is tomatoes. Salads to sandwiches their always a hit!
Jess from Roots and Refuge Farm love tomatoes and has great information to help you grow the best tomatoes this spring and summer.
She absolutely has a passion for gardening and it shows in all the amazing knowledge she passes along. Visit her channel on youtube Here to learn more about other things she grows too!
Thank you Jess! Looking forward to more tips!
Powerful video about Good Friday, the day Jesus Christ died on the Cross and what’s coming. Easter Sunday reresection of Jesus.
Wishing you a very Blessed Easter!